[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Gryphonheart AddOns - View topic - Area sounds not working.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Area sounds not working. 

Realm Region: Europe
Realm Name:
Whenever someone makes me an area sound item and i play it no sound is played at all, But yet i can hear their sounds when they use the same item. This happend on one character while it works just fine on the rest of my characters.

Is there anything i can do? I reinstalled and deleted all items serval times but nothing seems to happen..

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Realm Name:
you are in the xtensionxtooltip2 channal? I assume yes if you are reciving others.

Could you post an export code of the item or the a screenshot of how your sound action is set up?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Realm Name:
I am having a similar issue. My items that previously played sounds in a radius area no longer work. I created them all with the Standard Item creator.
They were working two weeks ago and I noticed at an RP event last tuesday that nothing was working. I couldn't hear anything and neither could those around me with GHI.

I did fumble around and manage to make an Advanced Item play a sound- but I have no idea how to make it radial like the Standard creator does. So making things with the Advanced creator doesn't offer a temporary fix either.

I wonder if it's a pathing issue?
But yeah, the Standard and Simple item creation flows do not create working sound-playing items.
I don't get any error messages during this process too, btw.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Realm Name:
Okay if you are in the xtensionxtooltip2 channel it needs that to work for area sounds.

If you could send me the export code to a standard item you made thats not working (and have it editable, make a new item if you wish) I can look at it to see if theres anything wrong there in its setup.

For advanced item when you do a sound it will have input box saying 'Range' that is what makes it a ranged sound. If its blank or 0 it will be a normal sound.

Also just for giggles whats your current GHI version?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Realm Name:

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Realm Name:
set those items to editable so i can see whats up? Will check them later when i can get on.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Realm Name:
Oddly enough, I can get them to work. So iam wondering if its some sort of Channel Lag in the xtensionxtooltip2 channel. two things to keep an eye on: in your interface options after you use the item, goto your interface options > Addons > Gryphonheart Item > GHI Debug log and look at what it tells you

for example after using it i see something like:
50 - 10/11/14 19:28:13 Notification: Use item.
itemGuid = "85D2A82D_5941E4B",

51 - 10/11/14 19:28:13 Notification: Executed simple action: Sound
details = "Sound\Music\Pandaria\MUS_50_BottomsUp_Hero_01.mp3",

52 - 10/11/14 19:28:13 Notification: Send AreaSound to channel

53 - 10/11/14 19:28:13 Notification: Recieved AreaSound from Fethas-EarthenRing (channel)
1 = table,
2 = 200,
3 = table,

54 - 10/11/14 19:28:13 Notification: Recieved area sound from Fethas-EarthenRing
1 = table,
2 = 200,
3 = table,

Also do you run any other sort of RP addons by the way?
The only other thing i can think of is the sound channel we have sounds on for some reason being muted...

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]