[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Gryphonheart AddOns - View topic - Prompt by befault?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Prompt by befault? 

Realm Name:
Hello,

While I haven't been afflicted by this myself, there are items floating around on my server that make characters do some particularly embarrassing emote type of things involving bowel control problems when used.

Would you be willing to consider having the permission settings for things like emotes, music, etc set to 'prompt' by default with the next build instead of on?

On the same note, I noticed there's no prompt for permission option for auras/buffs. Could we get one?

It'd be a great help to keep your average user from being trolled without them having to take extra steps. You can always add a "you can turn these prompts off in your settings menu" note on the prompt windows.

Thanks.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

Realm Name:
There is a block all area buffs option. Might consider adding a prompt later.

As for prompt by defualt i am not sure on that. Pilus would have to consider it.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 am

Realm Name:
The malicious debuff things are placed on the user, so I'm not sure if it counts as an area buff? (I haven't toyed with it. I have block all area buffs on but use ghi to place buffs on myself.)

The idea of prompting by default instead of giving full access or no access is because:

With full access we get what we have now.

With no access, people try making things and they 'don't work' because the settings are off by default.

But a prompt that says "Hey, it's trying to do this, you can turn this notice off in the menu" lets people know what's going on and where to change their own settings to what suits them.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Realm Region: Europe
Realm Name:
You make a good point Zan, and it would be a thing we would consider implementing, no doubt.

However one issue is that this change will not effect existing GHI users, as they already has a selected option (allow all, prompt or disallow all).

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]