[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Gryphonheart AddOns - View topic - variable and attribute scope
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 variable and attribute scope 

Realm Name:
If I want to make copies of an item, but set permissions, variables, attributes separately... how do I do that?
It seems now they all update simultaneously, as if there's only one item on my machine?

I'm hoping to hand these items out, where the script inside will be making further changes to the attributes, but I'm afraid when they get back to me it will all just revert to default.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 am
Site Admin

Realm Region: Europe
Realm Name:
Variables are stored pr machine and pr author. They reset when the UI is reloaded.
Attributes are stored pr stack and persists through reloading and trading.

Let me know if you would like more information on any of it.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:47 am

Realm Name:
I noticed what I think is a little bug:
I can set the attribute permissions to editable "Only by my items", and as long as I click 'Finish' , it seems to work.
But if I open the attribute permission again, they've reverted to 'by everyone'.
Made me a little nervous since once of my attributes is 'completed', so if it's editable..

Also to see if I have it right - 'copying' an item creates unique attributes to that item/ stack, but the GUID stays the same?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Realm Name:
Yeah, I noticed the radio button skipping around too. Makes it difficult to see if you have it right.

The part about an item having different attributes in different copies is good, though. It means you can give a person an item that they can interact with, without changing yours or anybody else's copy.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Realm Name:
Is there any way to show a variable from the dynamic actions area in the custom tooltips? They seem to be completely separate environments from what I can tell. Attributes working fine, but not variables.
I'd like the custom tooltip to register when the item has been right-clicked during a particular UI session / login.

Even better would be to change the item icon, but I've never been able to get that working at all.

Any help appreciated!! thank you

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Realm Name:
What dynamic action?

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Realm Name:
'Set Tooltip Line', in the custom tooltip environment.
I can set those messages as attributes just fine, but I'd like to set them as variables that I've assigned in a script from the Dynamic Actions environment.
I'm thinking that may not be possible with local variables, so wondering if there are any workarounds.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 pm
Site Admin

Realm Name:
Sadly moving variables from the execution environment of items to the limited environment used for update sequences would compromise the security, so the intended way is to use attributes.

Also, regarding the icon, then you can just create an attribute called icon (type icon) and then just set that value. The system will use that value as the icon of the stack, if present.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Site Admin

Realm Name:

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]