[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Gryphonheart AddOns - View topic - update sequence fundamentals
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 update sequence fundamentals 

Realm Name:
I'm having trouble getting update sequences to work at all on advanced items.
Even this bit of code

is kicking out this error:

That same item/code will function fine if I move it to the dynamic actions area / 'on right-click'.

Clearly I'm missing something fundamental about update sequences... any pointers?

many thanks as always -

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 am
Site Admin

Realm Region: Europe
Realm Name:
The update sequences are running in a very limited environment where only the default lua functions (not the wow functions) are available.

If you want to make an item that e.g. reacts to who you got targeted, then you can set it up using the call.

Let me know if you got any questions regarding it.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 am

Realm Name:
perfect thanks. GHI Event is powerful.

so I'm now running in the dynamic actions area instead of an update sequence, and most of it's working. I'm hung up on:

everything works here except the dyn.Trigger, it just doesn't trigger the port connection. No error message or anything.
I have an action in the port.. any ideas?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Realm Name:
also in regards to the original question, a quick fix :

it says in the dynamic action script box that update sequences don't allow function declaration. But it doesn't say that in the update sequence script box itself, which was where I was scratching my head.

muchas muchas gracias

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Realm Name:
the issue with the dyn.Trigger was that I was using ScreenShake as my default tester... and that didn't work. Idk why, but turns out the port was actually being fired. Tremendous news :)

Thank you again for responding within the first hour (!)

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]